Nelson’s Corner Greenwich
Four properties, including the corner unit residence above Nauticalia “the first shop in the world”, forms part of a terrace originally designed by Joseph Kay in 1839.
- 7,166 sq ft net floor area
- 91 sq ft external terrace
- 2 four-bed townhouses
- 6 one-bed apartments
- 1829 original construction for all buildings
About Nelson’s Corner
All properties are Grade II Listed and the proposal for the refurbishment of these buildings have been led by a sensitivity to their historic character and the wider context of the West Greenwich Conservation Area and the Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site.
The properties have been delicately reconfigured to provide modern residential accommodation in the form of two four-bedroom townhouses and six one-bedroom apartments. Careful consideration has been made to repair and restore the original historic features throughout all buildings.
The top floor apartments to 19 King William Walk and 20 Nelson Road have had their respective roof structures exposed, celebrating the craftsmanship of the original carpenters.
The external elements of all buildings from 19KWW through to 20 Nelson Road have been restored to ensure the longevity of the street’s presence.